NYC Sexual Harassment Lawyers
All employees in New York have the right to work in an environment that is free of sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is unlawful at both the state and federal levels. If you have been a victim of sexual harassment at the workplace, call our New York Sexual Harassment Lawyers to help protect your rights.
Sexual harassment in New York is unlawful when the harassing conduct or discrimination is so severe or pervasive that it interferes with an employee’s ability to do his or her job, and the workplace has become a hostile work environment.
Recognizing Sexual Harassment
There are two types of workplace sexual harassment:
1. Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment: Any unwanted sexual advances from authority figure, requests for sexual favors as part of the job, and other behavior of a sexual nature that interferes with an employee’s work performance or impacts employment decisions.
2. Hostile Work Environment: Conduct severe or pervasive enough to make a reasonable person of the employee’s gender believe that the conditions of employment have been altered and the working environment has become hostile or abusive. New York sexual harassment does not have to be sexual in nature, but can occur in a variety of circumstances. Examples of how sexual harassment could occur:
- The victim and the harasser may be male or female, and they may be the same sex.
- The harasser can be the victim’s supervisor, co-worker, or non-employee
- The victim does not have to be the person harassed, but anyone affected by the offensive conduct
Sue Employer for Hostile Workplace Sexual Harassment
With offices conveniently located in Manhattan and Long Island, we help workplace harassment victims in New York get justice. If you believe you have been the victim of workplace sexual harassment in New York, call NYC Job Attorney at 646-698-8990 or Contact Us online for your free case evaluation of with an experienced New York City sexual harassment. Protecting the Rights of clients in New York, New Jersey, CT.