NEW YORK PREGNANCY DISCRIMINATION LAWYERS
Pregnancy Discrimination is illegal under a number of Federal and New York laws. Employers are required to treat pregnant women the same as other employees or job candidates, and cannot discriminate against a woman because she is pregnant It sounds simple in theory, but many employers still have not received the message.
- Refuse to hire or promote you for an opening because you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Fire, or demote you because you’re pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Attempt to slowly phase out your job duties as due date approaches
- Threaten you by not being asked to return at the same or similar job after maternity leave
- Deny you time off for doctors appointments
- Refuse reasonable work accommodations as required by your doctor
VIDEO FAQ’s: Pregnancy Discrimination
We can protect your rights. Call 24/7 (646) 698-8990
If you have been treated unfairly because of pregnancy or childbirth, or denied pregnancy leave in by your employer, talk to a pregnancy discrimination attorney at White, Hilferty & Albanese for a free consultation.
MATERNITY LEAVE AND PREGNANCY DISCRIMINATION
Pregnancy discrimination often times involves maternity or a pregnancy-related leave. Although New York State does not have a pregnancy leave law, the federal law provides job-protected leave for parents after the birth of their children. Employers have a legal duty to welcome back women to work following child birth. Read more about Pregnancy Leave and Maternity Laws.
PROTECTING WOMEN’S RIGHTS AT THE WORKPLACE
If you have been treated unfairly at work because of your pregnancy, or are concerned about losing your job due to maternity leave, it may be time to talk with a Pregnancy Discrimination attorneys at White, Hilferty & Albanese to for a free case evaluation. Contact us to schedule your consultation or Call 24/7 646-698-8990